Friday, April 27, 2018

God, you're so good

Last week during worship I was holding Townes
We were singing "What a beautiful name" and he started singing along. All of the words.
I knew that he knew the words, because we listen to that song a lot. but, he had never sang out loud in church before.
I was completely caught off guard. 
I couldn't stop the little tears that started forming in my eyes.
Perhaps i'm way off here, but hearing your child sing those words is enough to send a mama into a fit of thankful-praise-crying-hysterics. 
pretty sweet. 

I was standing next to GT, who was holding Judson as we started singing the next song.

Amazing love

That welcomes me
The kindness of mercy
That bought with blood, wholeheartedly
My soul undeserving

I couldn't help but think that yes, God is so good to me.
I am standing next to my husband and my children. overwhelmed with the goodness of this life.
that does make me grateful.
but when i think of how GOOD my GOD IS because of what HE did for me, that's when i can’t help worship who HE is. Because it’s not dependent on how “good” these earthly things are going for me, but entirely because of the goodness of our Father.
of course, i am thankful for our earthly blessings and i know how much i have been given in this life.
but, beyond that- i have hope. I have peace. I have joy. 
only because of what He did at calvary.
I am undeserving of anything in this life. and certainly anything past this life. 
but, because of the goodness of the Lord...
I am blessed, I am called

I am healed, I am whole
I am saved in Jesus' name
Highly favored, anointed

Filled with Your power
For the glory of Jesus’ name

God, You're so good

Oh God, You're so good
God, You're so good
You're so good to me
Behold the cross

Age to age
And hour by hour
The dead are raised, the sinner saved
The work of Your power
God, You're so good

God, You're so good
God, You're so good
You're so good to me
I am blessed, I am called

I am healed, I am whole
I am saved in Jesus' name
Highly favored, anointed

Filled with Your power
For the glory of Jesus’ name
And should this life

Bring suffering
Lord, I will remember
What Calvary has bought for me
Both now and forever
God, You're so good

God, You're so good
God, You're so good
You're so good to me

No comments: