Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hello? Is this thing on???

Newlywed Lesson learned #2
Communication most often occurs when words aren't used


Most often, when I feel motivated to share my point of view in a very intense manner, my point is totally watered down and not even valid by the time I fight through my emotions to make it. This, I attribute to the fact that I am a woman(hear me roar) and a conflict-avoidant one at that(puurrr). At that point, in which I can not articulate what I intend to be heard so clearly, I revert to other modes of communication to speak for me.
Does this work? Of course not!
When this wordless dialogue begins, my fiesty emotions take hold and the most logical form of communication at that point is in the form of silence, stupid eye rolling and pouting (i know you can't believe it, but even I can stick my bottom lip out).
Therefore, we end up in an entirely different brouhaha than we ever meant to start with! Mostly, because I am now unable to even utter a complete sentence that makes any sense at all.
Ooohhhh women.
Ooohhhh the drama.


But, luckily I got me a good ole' man who won't let a single minute go by without resolving anything. I'm telling you, he got the scraggly end of this gig. There ain't no hitch in his giddy-up, he's the real deal. And, well....I'm just a woman.



(and we got our wedding pics back!!!)
Love and peace,
Kate




2 comments:

Lauren said...

I had so much fun discussing these things with you over Greek food. I also love, love, love the elegance of your dress but the peek of a red converse sneaker coming out of it. This epitomizes the Katelyn I know. :)

The Heart Mom said...

You r a good riter.