Wednesday, September 1, 2010

More to Love

Lesson Learned #3


Just because you can cook it, doesn't mean you gotta cook it...then eat it...all of it


As previously mentioned/posted, I love to cook. Mostly, I love to cook for GT. For some reason, I feel like he needs to have epic portions of everything and then dessert. This is not good people. This is not good because one thing I am not very good at is self-control.

I was forewarned by Jenna, my MOH and BFF, that marriage can be a sneaky lb putter-onner. Of course, she is as tiny as she was our Junior year in high school, and we're all so happy for her. Anyway....I was warned. But, not believing her.

Lesson learned. I don't have to cook massive rations to make GT happy, dessert a few nights a week is still ok, and it's ok to give or throw away some cookies or cake. Just because you got the man, he doesn't want to end up with two of you (as I sit here stuffing my face with cereal).

Good thing for me, GT is very good with self-control and has been a great reminder to me that just because it's there, you don't have to eat it or even bake it in the first place. Also, he doesn't require an entire family's serving of fiesta chicken, potatoes, Lima beans, casseroles, bread, cakes, cookies and snickerbiscuits. He's also super sweet and doesn't care if I cook or not and would probably be just as happy if we ate cereal every night.

Love and cookies,

Kate

Me and Jen at our wedding. (just debuting more pics)

2 comments:

The Heart Mom said...

At the rate you are going now, you and GT will be full and as happy as pigs in the sunshine.
Nuff said.

Lauren said...

You and Grant look amazing and always will! Patrick and I miss those meals btw!