Tuesday, November 2, 2010

the Front Room Make-Over

Since we have been married, we have been in constant shaping up of the house.
GT lived in the house before I joined him after our nupchewls.
The house suited him just fine, but I noticed a few things that needed a little tune up to make it our home and love nest.
Luckily, I got me a good man and he was on board with the changes.
Poor guy didn't really grasps what he was getting himself into...luckily.

There are many many pictures to come of our overhaul.
But I will start with our front room, the dining room, the living room, the tv room, etc.
It was a blue color (i'm not a really a blue person)
So we painted it "Inviting Ivory". Doesn't that just sound pleasantly warm? A cream with a hint of gold. Really it just looks yellow. Oh, well
It does the job.


The front room has been a host of places for us.
Wedding gift storage

 the "I don't know where this goes, i'll just put it in here" room


 Then I got these curtains thinking I could work with the blue.
Never liked 'em
I tried though
Still don't like 'em
Thanks BB&B for taking them back




Thanks hubster for taping the walls
I painted
I hate taping
He's nice


Finally, a room full of friends
This is what I envisioned
Not the room in particular
But a home and family room filled with peeps


It was Halloween so don't let their attire worry you
We have cool friends
 Just because we're a little quirky(a nice word for wierd), doesn't mean cool people won't hang out with us

There is still work to be done on the room
But for now, I'm happy


Happily home make overing,
Kate




3 comments:

Lauren said...

It's perfectly Katelyn now!! I love it and WAS concerned about Hunter's bathroom with boots...

Lauren said...

bathrobe not bathroom...

The Heart Mom said...

It is truly a be-a-YOU-tee-full room full of wonderful peeps now.
Good job, Suzy Homemaker!
I love it.
Notice how your wood floors just show up with your creamy walls. Good choice on color.
Love ya
Mom