Thursday, December 30, 2010

i've been everywhere, man

Hellooo Dolly!
I have not read or looked at 1 blog since last Friday...wowzers!
Our life is busy and I have taken a little blog break.

and...I'm back.
Last week I had a good excuse to take a break. We made a trip. A loooong trip.
From Little Rock to Austin to Clovis,NM to Pagosa Springs, CO and back with an extra stop in Lubbock.
I feel like singing Johnny Cash "I've been everywhere, man".
Now, let me tell you something. If you want to get to know your in-lawed family. Don't do it this way.
No, no, no...I'm only jokes. It was a great way to spend time with the Taylor's and I loved it!
We spent lots of time playing games, laughing AT someone, listening to lots of different music, talking and reading alone. Hey, the last one's necessary at times.
Overall, it was a success.
We flew, we drove, we skied, we conquered.


from the Austin airport...

to nowhereville, TX full of giant windmills....

To Las Vegas...we won't tell that story....

to the roadside on Wolf Creek Pass while they clear and avalanche and my family makes a snowman and has a snowball fight while I video and take pictures and stay out of it...



To another nowhereville, NM gas station...


meanwhile, this was the view...

or this was my view....equally exciting. j/k, i'd rather look out the front window


To Lubbock, TX for the night and dinner and a movie for Dels birthday...


Finally to Georgetown, TX for Christmas!!!!

We made it!

Of course, there a a gagillion more pictures and videos. Someday, perhaps I will get around to posting those!


Newlywed lesson learned on this trip
if you aren't use to spending EVERY SECOND with your spouse...
Ok, let me stop here and explain something. On this trip, GT and I rode in the van by each other, slept together, skied together, played games together, ate together, flew together. You get the picture.

Here's what I learned.
It's important to make this happen occasionally.
We actually enjoyed it and I think it helped our friendship. Not that we needed it.
But, we remembered why we're BFFs and why we like to spend time together, not just be married and go through our normal work day together.
I love my guy and really missed him when we had to go to the bathroom. I got use to him being with me constantly.

Happy weekend eve,
Kate


2 comments:

Jennifer Crow said...

Katelyn you are so funny! I like the last comment about missing him when you went to the bathroom! Too funny!

Lauren said...

Isn't it such a blessing to have wonderful in laws and to LOOK FORWARD to spending time with them? I feel sorry for people who don't have those feelings. I love having a second fam and I know you do too from looking at these pics.