Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thankfulness a few days late

Although we recognize the 4th Thursday of November as a day of thanks, I thought'd i'd spread the love to a the following Tuesday.

I'm sure that i'm not alone in saying that I have more things to be thankful for than i could count.
When i was little I wanted to video-tape a day in my life and send it in to Oprah.
I thought(seriously) that she'd put me on an episode as the luckiest girl alive.
No lie.
True story.
I never did it.

The same is true today. I am the luckiest gal around.
I also believe "Great gifts mean great responsibilies; greater gifts, greater responsibilies". Luke 12:48
(the Message)
I pray that my actions and choices honor God and that I can give to others as freely as He has given to me.


On this Tuesday of thanks, I want to focus on one new aspect of my life for which I am grateful.
Our home.

I am grateful to my parents for allowing us full use of every inch of their land.
I am grateful for our little house that we can call ours.
I'm grateful that GT is allowing me to pursue my dream of becoming self-sufficient.
I'm grateful for the health of our garden.
I'm grateful for the fresh air.
I'm grateful for friendly neighbors.
I'm grateful for hard working men: my hubby and dad.
I'm grateful for the domestic skills that my mom, mamaws and aunts have taught me.
I'm grateful for books that teach me how to be more resourceful with what God gave us.
I'm grateful for our canine love-nugget.
I'm grateful that GT and I share a love of the outdoors.
I'm grateful for the desire to learn about the world around me that was instilled in me by my parents.
I'm grateful for hard work that pays off.
I'm grateful for the beauty that surrounds me.
our road

the backyard

pup and garden

garden and pumpkins


like I said, luckiest most blessed gal around
Kate

1 comment:

The Heart Mom said...

And this mama is the most blessed.
your thankful list describes who you are to a "t"!
Love you sweet Kate.
Mom