Monday, May 21, 2012

Sunday Portrait series: a thanks and a guess


Thank you everyone for the sweet comments about our bebe!
We are overjoyed and recognize what a wonderful blessing this child is.
We were aiming for a late summer baby, but you know...we have little control over these things.
God's timing is perfect and I praise Him for His sovereignty and wisdom. 
There are so many people that yearn for a baby for waaaaaay longer than we did...months and years!
So, we rejoice in His timing and His blessings.

I don't care how many babies are conceived or born each day.
Babies are a miracle.
God's design never ceases to amaze me.
A human is growing inside of my uterus...hello! (and will come out...hello!)
This is not by accident.
God speaks of knowing Jeremiah before he was even conceived in Jeremiah 1:5
"Before I shaped you in the womb, I knew all about you. Before you saw the light of day, I had holy plans for your: A prophet to the nations- that's what I had in mind for you". 

I also understand that we are not the first people to have a baby.
Therefore, I will not act so.
But guess what? 
It is our first and I will act accordingly (making no apologies).

Truly, I feel the love from all of you, our friends and our family.
It's quite humbling to receive such an outpouring of love and to know that others genuinely share in our joy.

We find out if our little huckleberry is a boy or girl this Wednesday.

Eeeek!
I'll share a little secret...i think it's a boy.
I guess I have a 50/50 chance, huh?
All guessing will be put to rest Wednesday morning and we are pumped!

Thanks again for sharing in our excitement and joy!
We are blessed beyond measure.

Kate

3 comments:

Rebecca Gibbs said...

CONGRATS Katelyn! SO happy to hear the good news!

Rachel said...

Beautiful photos, sweet girl! Can't wait to hear if it's a he or a she. :)

The Heart Mom said...

I know this little baby Taylor will be loved beyond imagination by their Pa and Honey! Can't wait to welcome him/her to the world! Blessings upon blessings on you sweet Kate as you carry this precious little one these next few months. Can't wait to know her/him.
Mom/Honey