Friday, July 22, 2011

Live from the Dominican

So, I'm in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic using wifi at a nice hotel on a mission trip. Don't worry(those of us who think one has to physically suffer to do good mission work), we will be leaving in the morning to travel to the small town of Neyba where we will conduct the VBS and medical clinic this week and spend time with the kids at the orphanage that WFR supports.
There is no wifi, electricity is inconsistent and a/c is a rare blessing. Feel better?

I feel very blessed to be presented with the opportunity to do medical missions. That is where my passion lies and really the reason that I am a nurse. But, sometimes when I plan 2 trips out of the country within 2 weeks... I miss my man.
He supports me and understands my heart. That is why I am here. But, it'd be better if he were here.

The only thing that I can find on tv that is in English/acceptable is this. Live from the Artist Den: David Gray. I'm more than ok with that.

Ive been reading this great book that mom bought for me.
Fun read. I enjoy reading about people that are self-sufficient and make it through hard times and utilize their resources. The Amish, Pioneers, etc. I don't know what kind of person that makes me, but I love learning about how to provide for yourself and how others have lived through pretty rough circumstances. So, this book is perfect for me! Thanks mammy!


Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fVF0BQmE8o&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Night!
Kate

No comments: