Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wordless Wednesday: Children's

My first job as a nurse was in the Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit at Childrens Medical Center Dallas.
If I would've known how challenging physically, intellectually and especially emotionally that job would've been, i'm not sure that I would've taken it right out of nursing school.
But, goodnight!, am I glad that I had no idea and took it.
What a blessing that experience was to me.
I learned so much from the patients, the doctors, the more experienced nurses and the entire team. 
I feel extremely humbled to have been a part of something so wonderful and life-changing for so many children and their families.

Children's Med Center is a new show in Dallas.
I hate that I don't get to watch it on tv, but love getting to watch it on good ole' YouTube!

Here is the first episode of season 2.
I had the privilege of working with Dr. Guleserian and these wonderful nurses in the CVICU.
I also took care of sweet Sophie while working Hematology/Oncology at Arkansas Children's Hospital last year.
Small world, huh?

Love that place

No comments: