Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The little love of my life

5 months ago today, someone came into my life that made me fall absolutely in love at first sight.
Little Beau made his appearance into this world and I have never known that immediate kind of love.
I might cry right now thinking about how special and sacred even those first few moments were with him.
What a pure moment.
I choose the word sacred because it describes perfectly how Beau's first few moments with us felt
Main Entry: sacred

Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: holy, blessed
Synonyms: angelic, cherished, consecrated, divine, enshrined, godly, hallowed, numinous, pious, pure, religious, revered, sacramental, saintly, sanctified, solemn, spiritual, unprofane, venerable



Jake, the dad.
An awesome brother...an even more awesome dad
 How did my brother have a kid?
And, he's really good at the dad thing too.
Crazy how that works.


Now, my husband on the other hand.
He'll need plenty of practice.
We prefer the children in our family be handled like humans, not pigskins.


This was taken at almost 4 months.
I can't wait to see him now.
I bet he's going to be driving the car.
Perhaps I'll tell him that I won't buy him a Christmas gift if he keeps growing.
Surely that'll work.


We (mostly myself) love the Photobooth on J&J's Mac.
LOVE IT!
Here's a group shot with 4 of my most favoritetist people in the entire world.


 My little ring bearer.
ain't that the cutest little man you ever did see?
He crawled down the aisle with the rings.
Not really. But i'm sure he could've if we had asked him to.

EEEEKKKK...it's too much, i'm gonna have to drive all night to see him now.
I can't stand those perfect little feet.
These are fresh from God. Right out o' the belly.
An absolute miracle of our Gods creation.


His first portrait.
And definitely not the last.


My heart is full of more love for this kid than I ever knew possible.
I just wish I could show him more often.
This distance thing is getting old.
So, all of you aunts out there. If you live close to your nephews/neices...go love on them for me pretty please!


With all my love for Beau,
Kate


(if you wish to see more pics of Beau, there a gillion. you can see Facebook or my picasa albums).

3 comments:

Meagan Shackelford said...

I have 3 out of 7 close enough to love on. Still not enough. But I don't think I'll ever get enough of loving on all my wonderful nieces and nephews.

Jennifer Crow said...

So glad I found your blog! Beau is ADORABLE! This was a really sweet post!

The Heart Mom said...

Oh Katie... you make me cry