Tuesday, October 19, 2010

song of the day

I am not a typical Carrie Underwood fan and do not listen to her music alot, but that girl can sing. She seriously has pipes.
We were able to go to her concert here in Little Rock last week and I was very imperessed with her flawless and effortless voice.
She danced and pranced all over the place and changed outifts more than I do in a week (perhaps that speaks to my personal hygiene, oh well) and she did so faster than I can blink.
The moment that made my jaw drop though came when she transition from her song "Jesus, Take the Wheel" to "How Great Thou Art".
I'm pretty sure that, other than the finale, it was the only song that received a standing ovation. It was pretty powerful.




Being one of my favorite hymns, I was awed by this performance and am thankful that this little powerhouse busted it out. I just got chills listening to it again.

(sorry for the poor quality, i video'd with my phone)


Love and Hymns,
Kate

2 comments:

Jake and Jamie + 1 said...

That is truly almost unbelievable!!!!! Wow!!! How awesome is she?!?!? And so powerful to sing such a undeniably Christian song!

annie said...

It was really powerful. I'm with you---I don't listen to her music very much, but she's got a set of pipes, for sure! And, I'll never understand how she could move across the stage in all her Christian Loubitan stilletos! She's got strong legs.