Thursday, January 12, 2012

Learning to learn...again

It's my first week of school!
Never thought I'd say that again.

Have I not announced it, yet?
Probably because I can't decide if i'm excited or not.
Don't get me wrong, I am all in. 
But, totally dread the papers (APA format, blah!), 34927 chapters to read and most of all...Research (gag).
But, I do look forward to being a Nurse Practitioner!

I know that there are parts that I will dread, but mostly i'm thrilled at this opportunity to further my career.
Nerdily(yes, it's a word) enough, I am really eager to learn and gain more knowledge so that I do a better job of taking care of people. 
It's what I'm here for.


My classes are all on-line, until we get to the clinical portion.
Has anyone ever taken online course?
It's a bit unnerving. Not seeing my teachers, keeping up with it all myself!

We are all meeting tomorrow for 1 class to get more oriented to the online thing and our program.
So, of course i'm packed and ready with my binders, pens, pencils and first day of school outfit!
Didn't you just love first day of school outfit and then could hardly ever get out of bed in time to put on anything decent the following mornings. Or was that just me?
Luckily, most of the time I can learn in my pjs if i want. hooray!

So, here we go! I'm on my way!!!

Kate (your future FNP! eek!)


1 comment:

Rachel said...

So exciting, Katey! So proud of you! And duh, I totally picked out a first day of school outfit and loved it. Love you, lady!