Friday, April 8, 2011

a Big Friday update

Here's a big update on the last week of our lives.
the days of our lives, if you will.
and if you won't...i completely understand. i couldn't help my self.

these updates will be in list format. this is because my brain needs an outline or nothing would ever get said or understood.

1. I'll start off with something that I haven't done in a while.
A Newlywed Lesson

Let your husband drive.
Epic, I know.
I'm the kind of wife that likes to think i'm awesome at directions and sometimes they don't work, but yet I continue to be adamant about our whereabouts. GT and I had a great "discussion" Sunday night in the car trying to get somewhere that I confidently knew how to get to. Confidence is not always good.
It's a long story that I won't bore you with. Mostly, because you might not think the same of me once I finished.
It all goes to say...sometimes you just need to shut your mouth and let your husband drive.
Somehow men, or at least my Man, has an innate sense of direction that almost never fails. almost.
love him for his patience. for sure.


2. Monday was my Mamaw Jo's 80th birthday.
80! I'll tell you one thing, 80 ain't what it used to be.


That's my Mamaw Lou with Mamaw Jo. She'll be 80 next month, too.
I've got good genes, huh?

She makes all of her 18 grandkids and 21(i think) great-grandkids feel like they are the favorite.

here are my Mamaw Jo and Papaw Shack on their wedding day.
I miss my Pap very, very much.
I am so blessed to have had an incredible example of love in a marriage and family.
Those two...i tell ya, they could love you til you couldn't take it anymore.
I could never say enough about my Mam. She is who I strive to be.
My aunt Chrys said it so well: visit here to read her blog about this awesome woman.


3. We had a blast in Sugar Land with Tommy and Brice last weekend!
the boys being really cool

Brice (b-dawg) and me after some fro-yo.

Do you have those friends who you can just sit and talk with for, like, ever?
We could've visited for days straight with these 2, but made the most of our short weekend. I love them and am so thankful for the time we got to spend...and the money at Target!
I absolutely love that GT and Tommy have been bff since birth so Brice and I can be so close. Luckily.
Love me some Waldrons.
I can't wait to see them again.

4. So, adults aren't so bad. I'm working in the adult ICU's and guess what? I'm survining and actually liking it.
Whoda thunk it?
I seriously thought that pediatrics is where my career as a nurse would be spent. But, that goes to show that I am completely naive regarding Gods plan for my life. I do love me some kiddos, but am finding a soft spot in my heart for those older than me...ha. It helps that the people I work with are very kind and helpful.

5. Meanwhile, back at the ranch. GT has spent his week helping in the filming for a new DVD thingy for Duck Commander. While I was working indoors, he was eating delicious crawfish-dishes at Kay and Phils while they filmed. I'm thinkin' he likes his job.

6. I miss these guys during my 12 hour work days


I think that'll do.
We're just living and living well.
hope you are too!

happy weekend folks,
kate

No comments: