Tuesday, October 15, 2013

sweet Carolina part numero 1

why, oh why! do we not live on the coast!?!?
the weather is so refreshing (at least when we're there), the ocean is beautiful and the lifestyle is laid-back and active at the same time. a refreshing and quite appealing combination.
a few weekends ago, we flew out to North Carolina for my cousin, David's wedding.
We went a few years ago for Memory's (his sister) wedding.
This trip was just as wonderful, except GT couldn't go.
luckily, we had little Judson this time and he was quite the trooper!

thanks to Pa for making traveling through airports super fun and easy on me!
now Judson thinks all suitcases are rides
the little guy NEVER falls asleep on me so I had to document it. 
i think we should fly every day just so I can soak up those few minutes

we arrived on Thursday just in time for a little party to celebrate the couple 
except, i don't think i actually have a picture of the couple
but this is how we rolled and continue to roll
moving and chasing

my cousin Memory just had a sweet little boy, Griggs. oh my...sweet little sleepy newborn!
so, we rode around with them to the various events and absolutely enjoyed catching up in the car.
we stayed out late all three nights, so little JRay and Griggs snoozed when they could.
little troopers, i tell ya


my Mamaw Lou (my dad's mom) has one sister and two brothers, whose families live in North Carolina, Michigan, Arkansas and Texas. We don't get to see them often, but i adore them all and eat up any time we have together.

My cousin Debbie has a house in Wrightsville beach.
 You can actually stand on the top balcony, look to the right and see the sound (bay, or whatever it's called), look to the left and see the ocean. dreamboats.
we stayed in the house next door to hers and I talked about it here

Friday and Saturday were just about as perfect as perfect can get.
we sat on the porch, rocked, ate, drank coffee, went for walks, told stories, walked to the beach, i went for a run, played with the babies and thoroughly soaked up being with one another.
i wouldn't be mad if i had to go back this weekend.
not at all.
Judson sure did love his NC family and I don't blame him one bit.

part dos coming at ya soon

No comments: