Thursday, May 12, 2011

HUF

lately i've been thinking and dreaming alot about my summer of 2005.
i spent the summer galavanting around studying abroad in Florence, Italy.
Dream.

Ever since I came back, I dreamed of returning. As i get older though, and time passes, i realize just how awesome of an opportunity that was. why didn't i fully see that then? i think i would've done things differently. you know...really cherished every moment.
maybe, maybe not.
spending a summer in europe. with 30 other kids my age. in an old tuscan villa. free traveling all over europe.
HELLO!!! that's a big deal.
Although I did take full advantage of my travel opportunities, i am starting to realize just how wesome it was.

this is one of my favorite pics from the entire summer.
we're in southern italy somewhere (this is where i would've done better. i can't remember the names of where we traveled...probably should've written them down, huh?)

its a great portrayal of our college lives at that time.
completely carefree and in state of ecstasy

 ec·sta·sy (kst-s)
n. pl. ec·sta·sies
1. Intense joy or delight.
2. A state of emotion so intense that one is carried beyond rational thought and self-control: 

exactly.

 i will go back. and take my bff with me.
we will explore and learn more about this beautiful world and incredible architecture and history and other cultures.
GT and I will conquere Europe together.
Someday.

my soul yearns for it.

thanks for listening to my day dreams,
Kate

No comments: